Beacon (2017-2018) and Beckon (2018)
Description: Beacon and the follow-up Beckon are audiovisual pieces by Anna Weisling (visual engine) and Anna Xambó (sound engine).
Authors: Anna Weisling, Anna Xambó
Role: Concept and implementation of the audio engine.
Technologies: SuperCollider, FreeSound.org (sound samples).
- Beckon @ NIME 2018. Moss Arts Center: Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre, Blacksburg, VA (USA). June 4, 2018.
- Beacon @ TEI 2018. Kulturhuset. Stockholm, Sweden. March 20, 2018.
- Beacon @ NIME 2017. Stengade. Copenhagen, Denmark. May 16, 2017.
- Beacon @ Root Signals Festival 2017. Georgia Southern University. Statesboro, Georgia, United States. February 11, 2017.
- Xambó, A., Lerch, A. and Freeman, J. “Music Information Retrieval in Live Coding: A Theoretical Framework”. Computer Music Journal, 42(4), Winter 2018, pp. 9-25.
- Weisling, A., Xambó, A. (2018). “Beacon: Exploring Physicality in Digital Performance”. In Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction (TEI ’18). Stockholm, Sweden. pp. 586–591.
- DEMO HOUR: Beacon - ACM Interactions XXV.5 September-October 2018, pp. 10.