This is my personal website, blog and portfolio. The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of any other individual or organisation.
A Random Blog Post 2006-2022
Latest Blog Posts
- New We Are Hiring! Postdoc in Sound and Music Computing
- Awarded an AHRC Early Career Grant
- 100 Blog Posts
subscribe to my blog via RSS >>
- Forthcoming Xambó, A. (2023) “Discovering Creative Commons Sounds in Live Coding”. Organised Sound. 28(2). (In Press).
- Champlin, A., Chicau, J., Corfiel, M., Knotts, S., Marie, M., Saladino, I., Xambó, A. (2023) “LivecoderA Community Report” (Community Report Paper). Proceedings of the International Conference of Live Coding (ICLC 2023). Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Xambó, A., Goudarzi, V. (2022) “The Mobile Audience as a Digital Musical Persona in Telematic Performance” [PDF] [PubPub]. Proceedings of the New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME ’22). Waipapa Taumata Rau, Aotearoa / The University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- New (June 14, 2023) Xambó, A. "Ceci n'est pas une usine". +RAIN Film Fest, Universitat Pompeu Fabra/Sonar+D, Barcelona, Spain.
- (November 27, 2022) Xambó, A. A live coding session using MIRLCa at "Peforming Critical AI I: feedback, noise, corpus, code". MusAI conference, Cafe OTO, London, UK.
- (September 16, 2022) Xambó, A. "When virtual meets reality". British Science Festival, Manhattan 34 Cellar Bar, Leicester, UK.
Latest Other Activities
- Forthcoming Live Coding Sonic Creativities, the first special issue on live coding in Organised Sound. Call for submissions is closed. Expected publication date: August 2023.
- (June 7, 2023). Guest talk About NIME, NIMEness, and Speculative Futures. Creative Technologies II, Creative Technologies Master's Program, Film Universität Babelsberg Konrad Wolf, Potsdam, Germany.
- (March 3, 2023). Guest talk about NIMEs as part of the workshop Introduction to Making Digital Music Instruments. LEADD:NG. University of Nottingham.
Interviews / On the Press
- New (August/September, 2023) Testimonial of how I am coping and using AI in my musical practice, published in the article AI and the Future of Human Made Music. Introduction and Interviews by Jonas Vognsen. Perfect Sound Forever online music magazine.
- (May, 2023) Testimonial from my participation in the panel "Music creation" at the event "Challenges and Opportunities in Music Tech - Open Debate", Universitat Pompeu Fabra, published in the article How will AI coexist with human music? The future is now. Article by Karma Peiró. Challenges and Opportunities in Music Tech. Music Technology Group, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain.
- (November 25, 2022) Exposition of my live-coding work published in the book: Blackwell, A.F., Cocker, E., Cox, G., McLean, A., Magnusson, T. (2022) Live Coding: A User's Manual", The MIT Press, pp. 122-124.