Algonoise feat. Olympe de Gouges by Anna Xambó @ LIVECODERA 2022 (March 8, 2022)
Live coding session of Algonoise feat. Olympe de Gouges. LIVECODERA a global live coding community gathering on International Women’s Day. Online event. March 8, 2022.
About the event
A global gathering of women livecoders, both musicians and visualists, who showcased their work as well as organised open jams and talks. It was possible to experience the space on YouTube at the Eulerroom YouTube channel or on Mozilla Hubs.
A live coding session by Anna Xambó at LIVECODERA, a global live coding community gathering on International Women’s Day on 8 March 2022. In this session, the pioneering activist, feminist and playwright Olympe de Gouges is honoured through her emblematic 1791’s text “Declaration of the Rights of Woman and of the Female Citizen” (read by Peggy), which is lively remixed with an algonoise set. The visuals are created using Hydra and based on the image “Portrait of Olympes de Gouges (1748-1793)” by Alexander Kucharsky. The sounds are created with SuperCollider, including self-built SuperCollider extensions such as Algonoise and MIRLCRew2 (to be released soon, a previous version can be found at: https://github.com/axambo/MIRLC).
Audio / Video
- Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QV8h1vJSDb0
Sound Credit List (Source: Internet Archive):
- Déclaration des droits de la femme et de la citoyenne by Olympe de Gouges (lic. CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 FR)
Sound Credit List (Source: Freesound.org):
- dubstep5.wav by LoopPacks (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Spring theory.wav by jobro (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- duppyHouse05_140bpm.wav by djduppy (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- digibass_loop_140bpm.mp3 by harri (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Tuning Faux Numbers Station.flac by kb7clx (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- BreakbeatEP-ALLC-140bpm.wav by oscillator (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- keepemmoving-gumboots_loop_140bpm_by_OnlyTheGhosts.ogg by OnlyTheGhosts (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Drum&Bass Synth Drum Loop 160 BPM by unfa (lic. CC0 1.0)
- keyboard typing old by Eelke (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- glitchBeat5.wav by mikobuntu (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Video codec audio glitches by laspaziale (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Glitching, Vinyl Record Player, A.wav by InspectorJ (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Vinyl Record, On Off, B.wav by InspectorJ (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- VINYL NOISES 29.aif by QUARGY (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Vinyl Dust 12.wav by mitchanary (lic. CC BY 3.0)
- Vinyl Dust 001.wav by mitchanary (lic. CC0 1.0)
- Vinyl Dust 50.wav by mitchanary (lic. CC0 1.0)
Special thanks to the organisers of the event Alexandra Cárdenas, Iris Saladino and Shelly Knotts as well as all the community of livecoderas who contributed to making the LIVECODERA event a very special, creative and united day. The image of the event has been designed by Flor de Fuego and Joana Chicau using Olivia Jack’s Hydra and is adapted from Lynn Randolph’s 1989 painting “Cyborg”, used in Donna Haraway’s book cover of “Cyborgs and Women: The Reinvention of Nature”.